Recruitment FraudLearn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud.
What is recruitment fraud?Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated scam offering fake job opportunities to job seekers.This type of fraud is normally carried out through online services such as false job board websites, or through fake emails claiming to be from an employer with open positions to fill. After making contact with a job seeker, the fraudsters often request personal financial information or demand that the applicant purchase gift cards or computer equipment or otherwise make payments as part of the fake recruiting process.
How do you identify recruitment fraud?
- All Oscar Health jobs will be posted on our career site: www.hioscar.com/careers/
- Oscar Health will never ask for your personal financial or banking information or require any financial commitment as part of our candidate search or application process.
- We will not ask you to purchase equipment or supplies as part of your onboarding.
- No job offers will be made at Oscar Health without a formal interview process.
- If you receive an email from a sender that does not contain the @hioscar.com or @greenhouse.io address, please treat it as fraudulent.
What if I receive a fraudulent job offer?If you believe you have been contacted about a fraudulent job offer, we recommend that you:
- Terminate communication with the scammer immediately.
- Contact your bank or credit card company with respect to any payments or personal financial information you provided to the scammer.
- Report the scammer to the relevant state or local authorities.