Oscar and MercyOne Announce Partnership to Offer Affordable Health Insurance and Care in Iowa
Sep 29, 2020
- Pending regulatory approvals, Oscar and MercyOne will offer seamlessly connected health insurance and care in 23 Iowa counties.
- Oscar Individual and family plans will be offered through the ACA marketplace in Des Moines, Dubuque, Waterloo and Sioux City.
- Members will receive high quality care provided by expert MercyOne providers dedicated to improving clinical outcomes, enhancing experience and reducing cost while enhancing clinicians’ experience.
- Members get savings and a better experience through Oscar’s digital tools, including dedicated Care Teams and 24/7 access to Oscar Virtual Urgent Care providers at $0,(1) and $0 Tier 1 prescriptions.(2)
- MercyOne’s extensive network of providers across Iowa communities with care available close to home.
- Oscar takes a personalized approach to member experience – each member is assigned a team of Care Guides and clinicians, including a nurse, who know the member’s medical history and help them navigate their plan, schedule appointments with MercyOne providers in the member’s area and network, and collaborate with those providers to deliver a seamless member experience and health savings.
- Oscar members have 24/7 access to Oscar Virtual Urgent Care Providers at $0 for whenever a member needs to see a doctor quickly.(3) Tier 1 prescriptions are $0 when prescribed by Oscar Virtual Urgent Care providers, too.(4)
- Affordable coverage of MercyOne’s comprehensive medical services across all major specialty areas of care, including MercyOne Iowa Heart, MercyOne clinics and numerous MercyOne Population Health Services Organization Partnered Providers– with no referral needed.
- Pharmaceutical benefits beyond Virtual Urgent Care such as the $3 Prescriptions drug formulary, which includes 100 of the most commonly-prescribed medications for $3 or less.(5)
- Convenient tools and perks like the Oscar App, Oscar Step Tracking, and more.
- (1) If you’re away from home, this benefit is not available in US territories or internationally.
- (2) Tier 1 prescriptions and labs are $0 when arranged by an Oscar Virtual Primary Care Provider. Some Tier 1 prescriptions are unavailable via virtual visits. Other exclusions may apply.
- (3) If you’re away from home, this benefit is not available in US territories or internationally.
- (4) Tier 1 prescriptions are $0 when arranged by an Oscar Virtual Primary Care Provider. Some Tier 1 prescriptions are unavailable via virtual visits. Other exclusions may apply.
- (5) Available as a pre-deductible benefit on all Oscar Individual and Family plans in Iowa except for Silver and Bronze High Deductible Savings Plans.