FOR YOUR SMALL GROUP CLIENTS
Affordable care that works for everyone
QUALITY NATIONWIDE NETWORKS
Access to Cigna's networks of doctors and specialists, no referrals
PERSONALIZED CARE TEAM
Dedicated support to help employees find the right doctors and care
PRESCRIPTIONS DONE RIGHT
Clients save on prescriptions and refill them right from their phones
- Why are Cigna and Oscar partnering?
- Cigna + Oscar brings together the power of Cigna's national provider networks and Oscar’s innovative digital member experience to deliver small group health insurance that understands the unique needs of small businesses and their employees.Cigna + Oscar plans include the best of both the Cigna and Oscar experience, including:
- Health plans that save money: The Cigna LocalPlus® network provides a locally designed network of providers that offer cost-effective medical care without sacrificing the quality employees expect. The Cigna Open Access Plus network is the most popular national network with 1,000,000+ doctors, specialists and other professionals, and 17,000+ hospital and clinical facilities.*
- 24/7 virtual urgent care: Access to board-certified doctors anytime for $0 copay via the Cigna + Oscar app.**
- Prescriptions made easy: Your clients will save on prescriptions with Express Scripts and can refill them right from the Cigna + Oscar app.
- Personalized Care Team: Care guides that know your clients by name, and are there to help them manage their care and costs by phone or messaging in the app. Each team includes a nurse, as well as dedicated support, to help employees find the right doctors and care in their area, plus the tools to search for care.
- Healthy mind and body: Step tracking rewards up to $100 per year and access to Cigna’s behavioral health network.
- How does this partnership work?
- Cigna + Oscar is a new joint venture providing fully-insured small group health insurance. This partnership is a 50/50 risk sharing arrangement between the two companies:
- Cigna will provide two robust provider networks: LocalPlus® and Open Access Plus. These plans are insured and underwritten by Cigna Health & Life Insurance Co., providing the benefit of Cigna’s excellent financial security.
- Oscar is responsible for administering benefits. Oscar will provide the differentiated and technology-forward member experience, including managing claims and dedicated member support. In addition, Oscar will manage all sales and distribution, including broker enrollment, commissions, and broker support.
- Where are Cigna + Oscar plans available?
Cigna + Oscar plans are available in Kansas City, Chicago, St. Louis, the Philadelphia metro, select California counties, select Arizona counties, and throughout the state in Georgia, Tennessee, and Connecticut.
- How can I get appointed to sell Cigna + Oscar plans?
- Getting appointed to sell Cigna + Oscar plans is easy. Here’s what you need:
- Oscar Broker Portal account - The Oscar Broker Portal (business.hioscar.com) is where you’ll get appointed to sell Cigna + Oscar products.
- Proof of E&O coverage - You’ll upload this to your Oscar Broker Portal account as part of the appointment process.
- Producer agreement - You will review and e-sign this agreement in your Oscar Broker Portal account as part of the appointment process.
- Cigna appointment - You must hold an appointment with Cigna in any state you plan to sell Cigna + Oscar products in.
- How can I quote Cigna + Oscar plans?
- You can generate quotes for Cigna + Oscar plans in your Broker Portal. Please note: In order to use our quoting tool, you’ll need to have an appointment with Cigna + Oscar. See above for instructions on how to get appointed. If you’re having trouble, check out our Cigna + Oscar Quoting Guide for full instructions and helpful screenshots. If you still need assistance, our Broker Support team is here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-672-2713.
- Where can I find more information on Cigna + Oscar plan offerings?
- Here are some helpful resources to help you get prepared to sell:
- Download our Broker Sales Kit for an overview of the Cigna + Oscar partnership, plan offerings, and how to work with us.
- You can find plan documents that outline our plan benefits, rates, and networks at hioscar.com/brokers/plans
- Check out broker training resources and marketing materials at hioscar.com/brokers/training
- Register for an upcoming event at hioscar.com/brokers/events