Cigna+Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
Jun 23, 2020
- Approximately two-thirds of small businesses say that providing health insurance to their employees is now a higher priority as a result of COVID-19.
- In Atlanta, the San Francisco Bay Area and across Tennessee, Cigna + Oscar will offer small businesses access to affordable local health insurance products.
- Covered employees will have access to free 24/7 virtual doctor visits, low cost prescription coverage, behavioral health support and access to multiple Cigna networks of quality physicians, specialists and hospitals – all to support a healthy and productive workforce, the foundation of a vibrant company.
- Cigna + Oscar expect significant interest in offerings with more than 50% of small businesses considering or unsure about changing their health insurer heading into 2021.
- Respondents report that wellness benefits and health insurance rank as the top two most important benefits to offer their employees, above flexible or remote work options, financial planning resources like a 401(k), dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
- Top factors that would influence small businesses to change their health insurer include a large network of top hospitals, doctors, and specialists, and better understanding and greater care about their business and employees.
- Whether an insurer provides flexible options to support business recovery and broad access to digital tools like telemedicine is more important to small businesses following the pandemic.
- 74% of small businesses in Northern California indicated that flexible options to support recovery and communications and resources are the top two factors for them in selecting an insurer.
- 75% of Nashville small business decision makers value an insurer that offers affordable coverage for employees’ dependents like children.
- 78% of small businesses in Atlanta say high-quality, personalized customer service and dedicated care support teams are more important to them following the pandemic.
- Expected monthly savings for businesses and their employees.
- Range of plan options across price points to meet the needs of every employee.
- Behavioral health benefits to help keep teams productive and healthy.
- Local and nationwide networks of quality doctors, hospitals, and specialists.
- Cigna LocalPlus®, a locally designed network of quality providers offering quality, cost-effective medical care.
- Cigna Open Access Plus network, a broad national network of quality, cost-effective providers.
- 24/7 virtual urgent care to support employees wherever they are, at no cost.
- Affordable and easy-to-access pharmacy services.
- $3 co-pays on the most commonly prescribed prescriptions.
- Accredo’s specialized pharmacists, nurses and specialty drug experts.
- Dedicated care team experts to help employees understand their benefits, find nearby care, and get the most value out of their plan.