A whole team by your sideWe make it easy to check in with your health on your terms. With Oscar Primary Care, your team includes a provider, a nurse, and a medical coordinator. So there’s always someone ready to listen when questions pop up.
Care that starts at home but doesn’t end there
Here’s what your first session looks likeBooking your first appointment is just the beginning of your relationship with your provider. See what that’s like.
Seeing providers in-person is part of your care tooFind out how we direct you to the right place and coordinate in-person care for you.
Dedicated to you for the long haul
Seamless care for chronic conditions (because we coordinate it all)If you’re living with an ongoing issue, see how we make sure you have what you need to stay healthy.
Comprehensive diabetes management and supportLearn more about how we help you keep diabetes under control.
One app connects you to everything
Schedule visitsBook video, phone call or messaging appointments quickly with the Oscar app.
Check in from anywhereMeet with your provider whether you’re on your couch, at work, or on-the-go, simply by logging into the app.
Refill meds and get them deliveredYour provider can arrange to have meds delivered to your local pharmacy or your front door, whatever works for you.
Chat with your team any timeWhen something comes up, there’s no need to wait for another appointment, just message your medical team and they’ll quickly get back to you.
Frequently asked questions
- What is Oscar Primary Care?
Oscar Primary Care is comprehensive care that comes to you by phone or video chat. You’ll usually talk to the same provider every time (and you can skip the waiting room). Best of all, your Oscar Primary Care visits are $0 in select markets.*
- Do I need a phone or computer with a camera?
A video call is a great way to see your provider face-to-face, but you won't need a device with a camera to use Oscar Primary Care. You can always talk with your provider by phone.
- How do I book an appointment?
- You can book a phone or video visit right here, using the Oscar app, or logging into your Oscar account here.If you haven’t done so already, you’ll need to create an online account and fill out your Health Profile by answering a few questions about your health history. Once that’s completed, tap “Book a Primary Care Visit” on your Oscar account home screen. Then you can choose a provider and schedule an appointment as needed. To get help with setting up an appointment, just call your Care Team or send them a message through your Oscar account.
- What does it cost to use Oscar Primary Care?
Virtual visits by phone or video chat are $0 in select markets.* You can also message your provider between visits for $0.
- What if I need to see a provider in-person?
- After an Oscar Primary Care visit, your provider may suggest you get in-person care and will direct you to the right specialist, lab or imaging facility.
- Can I use Oscar Primary Care while traveling?
Oscar Primary Care is not available if you’re outside your home state. For urgent care needs that arise while traveling domestically, use Oscar Virtual Urgent Care — visits are $0 and unlimited.
- I have a primary care provider already. Can I still use Oscar Primary Care?
If you have a primary care provider that you’re happy with, we don’t recommend you use Oscar Primary Care. It is best and safest to have one primary care provider who can oversee your care. Having multiple primary care providers can lead to possible gaps in care, misaligned treatment plans, and increased risk of medical errors occurring.
That said, if you have a primary care provider, but are looking for a new one, Oscar Primary Care may be a great and convenient option for you. If you want to switch to Oscar Primary Care, we are happy to coordinate with your previous provider to get your medical records.
- Can I just get prescriptions refilled through Oscar Primary Care?
Your provider will assess your health and any existing conditions, and they’ll recommend a personalized care plan for you, which may include writing prescriptions. Your Oscar Primary Care provider will not write prescriptions for you that were prescribed by another provider or specialist unless they deem them medically necessary based on your specific needs.
If you need a one-time last minute refill for something that was prescribed by a provider outside of Oscar Care, we encourage you to use Oscar Virtual Urgent Care. All Oscar members can use Oscar Virtual Urgent Care regardless of whether they have a primary care provider through Oscar Primary Care or not.
- How is Oscar Primary Care different from Virtual Urgent Care?
- Oscar Primary Care is great if you’re looking to establish long-term care with a primary care provider. They get to know your unique needs and can help you manage your whole health, including chronic care management for issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, and more.When something urgent comes up, Virtual Urgent Care offers you a care alternative to get care right away for things like pink-eye, skin issues, minor sprains and bruises, flu, sore throat, etc. You can easily request a phone or message consultation from the comfort of your home through our app. However, if you’re having a medical emergency, go to your nearest emergency room or dial 911.