Inscripción Directa Mejorada
Broker EDE Tutorial VideoVea este video para saber cómo inscribir directamente a sus clientes en Oscar
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is EDE?
The preferred EDE or “Enhanced Direct Enrollment” streamlines the subsidy application by enabling members and brokers to complete the enrollment application without visiting healthcare.gov.
- Where do I find my FFM username?
Your FFM username is the username you would have set to register your portal with CMS at portal.cms.gov. If you cannot remember your CMS username, navigate to the CMS portal at portal.cms.gov and select "Forgot your User ID or your Password?"
If you run into trouble recovering your username or if you are unsure if you have an account with CMS, please contact the Marketplace Service Desk at 1-855-267-1515 or CMS_FEPS@cms.hhs.gov for assistance, rather than creating a new account.
- What do I do if I haven't completed FFM training for PY 2022?
- Brokers must complete registration and required training for the upcoming plan year in order to assist consumers with the Marketplace.If you are new to the Marketplace, you'll want to create an account with CMS and register for training for 2022. You can view more information for new agents here.
- Why am I being asked to confirm my identity?
The first time you enter the EDE flow, you’ll be required to go through broker registration. You’ll be prompted to register automatically, and you’ll only have to do this once. To complete registration, brokers will need to confirm their agent information, including their FFM username, and pass identity proofing.
Note: Experian is CMS's identity proofing partner. If you do not answer Experian's identity proofing questions correctly on the site, you will need to call Experian at 866-578-5409 with the provided reference number. Experian will ask additional questions to verify your identity. Once verified, then you can return back to the registration page and continue.
- How long will the enrollment take to complete?
The enrollment should take 10-30 minutes. The more information you have on hand and ready to go, the faster the enrollment process.
- What client information will I need on hand to submit the enrollment?
Social security number for each applicant, as well as general household information like contact details, date(s) of birth, and address
Employer and income information for everyone in your client’s household (including employer contact information and EIN)
- How do I submit the binder payment for my client?
After you enter the electronic signature to confirm the client’s plan selection, you’ll see a page with the plan name, start date, and premium amount with the option to "Pay the first premium now." This will direct you to Oscar's secure payment site to make the binder payment.
- After I submit the enrollment, will the client automatically be listed in my Individual Book on the Oscar broker portal?
Once the enrollment is completed, it takes the Marketplace 24-48 hours to send the enrollment back to Oscar. You can expect to see the client in your book of business 1-2 days after completing the EDE application.
- Where can I find details on Oscar’s plan offerings before starting an application?
Visit hioscar.com/brokers for information about Oscar’s plans and networks.